Wednesday 14 March 2012

Lucid Dream with Out-of-Body Element

I had a fantastic dream this morning.  It was one of those dreams where you realize you're dreaming and can take control of what's going on.


It started when my cats came up onto my bed this morning.  Only there were at least 3 of each of my two cats.  Aha! I must be dreaming.  I got out of bed and started to walk out of the room.  It was then I realized that I could float.  "Fantastic!" I thought, "I know what's going on here.  This is like an out-of body experience.  I'm going to take full advantage of the fact that I'm aware and have fun with it."  So I started leaping around, floating up high into the air as if I was on the moon.  Only when I came down, I went through the floor a little bit.


Then I decided to go into the bathroom where I'd have more room, so I could do a somersault.  There was a wonderful sunbeam in the room (it was still night in reality).  I leapt up, and as I was going I realized the arc was pretty big and that I'd end up going through the floor and back.  So I closed my eyes in order not to get dizzy, and because I didn't want to see through the floor too I guess.  I was then able to just concentrate on the feeling of the floating somersault and how magnificent it was.  I would compare it to doing a somersault under water, but much easier and no water-up-the-nose issues.


What a fun experience that was.  Have any of you had a lucid dream or out-of-body experience you'd like to share?  Please post it as a comment.  (I'm not fond of super scary or being grossed out, so if it has those elements please water down the description of those bits and stick more with the feelings or such. Thanks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment